Name:
Location: Loganville, Georgia, United States

I was born in Loganville, Georgia in 1976. I spent the first 20 years of my life here before moving to Athens in 1996 to finish college at UGA (Go Dawgs!!) I attended John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, graduated in 2003, and passed the bar on my first attempt. I married the love of my life, Elizabeth, in May of 2003, and we welcomed our first child, Owen, into this world on March 7, 2006. I proudly classify myself as a conservative, and I believe in strong, traditional family values, the abolition of our current tax code in favor of a fair tax, and a strong military. Loganville is a great town, and I have taken a pledge to keep it that way.

Monday, June 12, 2006

Sexual Predator Ordinance - First Reading

From the Gwinnett Daily Post:

Loganville councilman proposes tough sexual predator ordinance
06/10/2006
By Carole Townsend
Staff Correspondent

LOGANVILLE — Councilman Austin Jones, who chairs the city’s Parks and Recreation Committee, presented a sexual predator ordinance Thursday night.
The ordinance, patterned after the one Snellville recently adopted, is stricter than Georgia’s.
The state ordinance does not allow a sexual predator to live within 1,000 feet of a school, bus stop, community park or anywhere children congregate often. Loganville’s ordinance does not allow a sexual predator to live within 2,500 feet of the same places.
Thursday night’s City Council meeting was the first read of the ordinance. Second read will be at the next council meeting, scheduled for July 13.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home