Name:
Location: Loganville, Georgia, United States

I was born in Loganville, Georgia in 1976. I spent the first 20 years of my life here before moving to Athens in 1996 to finish college at UGA (Go Dawgs!!) I attended John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, graduated in 2003, and passed the bar on my first attempt. I married the love of my life, Elizabeth, in May of 2003, and we welcomed our first child, Owen, into this world on March 7, 2006. I proudly classify myself as a conservative, and I believe in strong, traditional family values, the abolition of our current tax code in favor of a fair tax, and a strong military. Loganville is a great town, and I have taken a pledge to keep it that way.

Monday, July 17, 2006

News Roundup...

From the Gwinnett Daily Post:

07/14/2006
By Carole Townsend
Staff Correspondent

Massage parlor ordinance introduced

Councilman Jerry Price presented a Massage Parlor Ordinance at Thursday evening's council meeting that is "a little bit stronger than the state law." Price, referencing a photocopied advertisement for a massage establishment found in a local paper, said that the ordinance is intended to prevent such businesses from coming to Loganville.

Here is the ad referred to:





City officials adopt sexual predator ordinance

By unanimous vote, council members voted to adopt a sexual offender/predator ordinance that is stricter than Georgia's. "We all listen to the news and have heard about the appeals with the Georgia law. We feel that this (ordinance) is strong enough and will handle hurdles as they come," said Barron.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had asked a question to you yesterday about that massage rule. Are you going to answer it on this blog? If not, why?

2:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you post all reasonable comments or just ones that say how wonderful you are?

2:24 PM  
Blogger Austin O. Jones said...

I can only assume you are the same "anonymous" I replied to earlier. Please see your original comment under "Getting Things Done" for my response.

To Loganville Voter: I post all comments that are submitted as long as they are civil, and refrain from personal attacks. If you want the Jerry Springer Show, I know of a certain website that would fill that role nicely.

Thanks for the interest, folks, and keep the comments coming!

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home