Name:
Location: Loganville, Georgia, United States

I was born in Loganville, Georgia in 1976. I spent the first 20 years of my life here before moving to Athens in 1996 to finish college at UGA (Go Dawgs!!) I attended John Marshall Law School in Atlanta, graduated in 2003, and passed the bar on my first attempt. I married the love of my life, Elizabeth, in May of 2003, and we welcomed our first child, Owen, into this world on March 7, 2006. I proudly classify myself as a conservative, and I believe in strong, traditional family values, the abolition of our current tax code in favor of a fair tax, and a strong military. Loganville is a great town, and I have taken a pledge to keep it that way.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Congratulations to Warren Auld

Auld returning to council
07/19/2006 -
By Bryan Brooks
Staff Writer
bryan.brooks@gwinnettdailypost.com

LAWRENCEVILLE — Attorney Warren Auld will return to the Snellville City Council after gaining enough votes Tuesday to avoid a runoff in a crowded five-way race.

Auld, who resigned from the council last year to run unsuccessfully for state House, got 60 percent of the vote, while runner-up Teresa “Terri” Dippel, a schoolteacher, got 21 percent.

Some expected the contest to be forced into a runoff because of the crowded field.

“I’m pleased that the voters of the city have given me an opportunity to serve again,” Auld said Tuesday night while eating ice cream and sandwiches with supporters at his law office. “It’s a real honor, and I’m humbled by the number of votes and the turnout.”

Auld attributed his victory to his network of volunteers, including homeowner associations that backed him.

He will complete the unexpired term of former Councilman Mike Smith, who resigned earlier this year on charges related to an Internet telemarketing scheme. About 31/2 years remain in the term.

After he returns to the council, Auld said he wants to review ways to make city government operate more efficiently, and he wants to make sure the Police Department is getting needed resources. Traffic and open communication between the city and homeowners is also on his agenda, Auld said.

Contacted at home, Dippell said, “I wish him well and I hope that he keeps his campaign promises.” Dippell was publicly backed by Snellville Mayor Jerry Oberholtzer and Rep. Melvin Everson, who defeated Auld in his earlier bid for state House.

Rounding out the pack were real estate attorney Kelly Kautz with 14 percent of the vote; Gary Lapides with 2 percent; and real estate businessman Vince Buono with nearly 1 percent.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home